Princess Polly - I'm a New Big Sister! Book Review



I was recently given the chance to review Princess Polly - I'm a New Big Sister! Written by Amanda Li & Illustrated by Melanie Williamson for ladybird books .

My daughter Millie is 3 years old and has a younger brother called Alfie , I thought it would be a nice way for her to learn with this book and try to explain and even help her understand more about been a big sister .

Age range 3-5 years.


Ladybird books say -

Synopsis

Princess Polly I'm a New Big Sister is a sound book describing the excitement and fun of having a new sibling and becoming a sister. The simple text and colourful illustrations will help little girls understand what happens when a new baby joins the family and how lovely it is to be a big sister.
 
First impressions -
                              Book is made from hard cardboard looks and is very sturdy no ripping of pages a bonus for us parents :)

Millie did not waste any time as soon as she saw the book millie was asking me to read it to her .
When reading princess Polly to Millie the words are just right for me to show and for Millie to see the words as we go along.
Love how the story starts as Polly's mummy's tummy has a baby growing inside I think its nice for Millie to see the cute lillte picture of mummy with a bump in her tummy.

As I read each page I kept telling Millie that's how mummy was with your little baby brother her little face lit up .
Its so nice to help kids understand more about what gos on around them in family life .

Each page are very well illustrated with simple lovely pictures for kids to find interesting & ask about .
   


Has a big red button that can they press to hear baby giggle !
I have been pleasantly surprised by the book & sure to be buying some of the other books they have , as shown below .
 
What I also like is that they have a series of other books-
 

All other information can be found at  www.ladybird.co.uk/ 
£6.99
 
And Thank you for letting us review this for you .